Climate Leadership Conference
Climate Leadership Conference
With the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as the headline sponsor, the first annual Climate Leadership Conference will be held from February 29-March 1, 2012, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The conference will bring together leaders from business, government and academic institutions, and the non-profit community interested in exchanging ideas and information on how to address climate change while simultaneously running their operations more competitively and sustainably.
The conference includes a gala to honor recipients of the Climate Leadership Awards, a new national awards program to recognize exemplary corporate, organizational, and individual leadership in response to climate change. U.S. EPA, in partnership with The Climate Registry (The Registry), C2ES, and the Association of Climate Change Officers (ACCO), sponsor the awards.
Featured conference speakers include:
- Nancy Sutley – Chair, White House Council on Environmental Quality
- Gina McCarthy – Assistant Administration, Office of Air, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (invited)
- Mary Nichols – Chair, California Air Resources Board
- Eileen Claussen – President, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- Network with leaders from the public and private sectors, including federal and state government officials, industry leaders, and nonprofit experts
- Attend the Climate Leadership Awards Gala, which is held in conjunction with the conference
- Hear insights from winners of the 2011 Climate Leadership Awards for the Supply Chain, Organizational and Individual Leadership categories
Conference attendees will learn about and exchange solutions on topics including
- Leveraging Clean Energy Opportunities
- Managing Climate Risks and Building Resilience
- Supply Chain Strategies
- Disclosures and Questionnaires
- Setting and Achieving GHG Reduction Goals Education & Engagement
- Strategies Making the Business Case for Climate Response
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Register by January 15 for a $100 discount on registration.
RECEIVE ONE COMPLIMENTARY TICKET TO THE CLIMATE LEADERSHIP AWARDS GALA with paid Climate Leadership Conference registration. Additional information on table reservations, sponsorship packages, etc. for the Gala will be made available on this page shortly.
|2012 Climate Leadership Conference Registration||Conference Pass|
|Federal, State, Local, International and Regional Government Employees||$395|
|Non-profit & Academic Institution Employees||$495|
|On-Site Registration (beginning February 28, 2012 at 2:00 pm)||$545 (government) $795 (all other sectors)|
|Additional Registrations for Exhibitors||Above rates apply with 15% discount applied.|
|Additional Registrations for Sponsors||Above rates apply with 20% discount applied.|
- Group rates are not currently available for the 2012 Climate Leadership Conference.
- Online registration ends at 11:55 pm (EST) on February 26, 2012.
- Individuals must be 18 years or older to attend Climate Leadership Conference events.
- Student rates are available only to students who do not currently hold full-time employment.
- Only registered attendees and speakers may attend the conference activities and the Climate Leadership Awards Gala
- Early registration is encouraged. The following credit cards are accepted: Master Card; Visa; American Express
- A credit card processing fee will be assessed for all credit card transactions
- Early bird special is available only to full conference registrants
- All registration cancellations received between January 15 and January 31 will be charged a 25% cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued after January 31, 2012. All cancellations must be submitted in writing. You may substitute attendees at any time by sending written notification by February 15, 2012. After February 15, please bring all registration adjustment details to the onsite registration HELP DESK at the conference. Cancellations and changes must be made in writing; phone changes and cancellations are NOT permitted. Please send all written notices of cancellation or changes to registrations@ClimateLeadershipConference.org.
Federal Paperwork Requirements
Federal employees processing purchase order paperwork will need the following information:
Venue: Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center, 250 Racquet Club Road, Weston, Florida 33326
Vendor/Conference Producer: Association of Climate Change Officers, 1900 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20006, 202-496-7390
We will make every effort to accommodate special needs identified to us prior to the event. Please indicate these special needs during the registration process. Upon receipt of stated special needs in confirmed registrations, the conference managers will reply with an e-mail to you to confirm receipt.
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or comments regarding registration for the 2012 Climate Leadership Conference, please contact:questions@ClimateLeadershipConference.org.
The 2012 Climate Leadership Conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Bonaventure Conference Center (250 Racquet Club Drive, Weston, FL 33326) in Fort Lauderdale/Weston, Florida and will be conveniently accessible to travelers by way of three convenient airports:
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
Any sponsorship or advertisements appearing in these materials do not imply endorsement, recommendation, or favor by the United States Government or the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.