Cool Planet Award Archive
2014 Cool Planet Award Recipients
Watch highlights from the 2014 Cool Planet Award Ceremony below:
Southern California Edison (SCE) and The Climate Registry are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2014 Cool Planet Award. Congratulations on your achievements in energy and carbon management.
- Amgen Incorporated – Biotechnology
- California State University, San Bernardino – Education (Small)
- CBS Corporation – Media & Telecommunications
- City of Beaumont – Government (Small)
- City of Santa Barbara – Government (Small)
- City of Santa Monica – Government (Large)
- City of Simi Valley – Government (Small)
- Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Los Angeles – Downey Facility – Manufacturing (Large)
- Forest City Enterprises – Retail
- Houweling Nurseries Oxnard, Inc. – Agriculture
- Irvine Ranch Water District – Water & Wastewater
- Kilroy Realty Corporation – Real Estate
- Niagara Bottling, LLC – Manufacturing (Large)
- Safeway Inc. – Food & Beverage
- Shaw Diversified Services, Inc. (Shaw Industries, Inc. Tuftex Division) – Manufacturing (Small)
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center – Healthcare
- University of California, Irvine – Education (Large)
- University of California, Santa Barbara – Education (Large)
- VACCO Industries – Aerospace
Together, the 2014 Cool Planet Award recipients have saved nearly 100 million kilowatt-hours since January 2010 through the implementation of various SCE energy efficiency projects. This is equivalent to removing the annual greenhouse gas emissions from over 14,000 passenger vehicles. In addition, the Award recipients actively participate in numerous SCE Demand Response programs, which provide incentives for them to reduce their electricity use during peak electrical demand periods. This integrated demand side energy management approach provides both environmental and economic benefits to businesses and local governments in Southern California.
“While the nations of the world grapple with the challenges of global climate change, Cool Planet Award recipients are taking meaningful action every day as they strive to make their organizations more energy efficient, cost effective and competitive,” said David Rosenheim, Executive Director of The Climate Registry.
Thank you to all SCE business customers who submitted applications for the 2014 Cool Planet Award.
Click HERE to view pictures of the award recipients from the Cool Planet Award Ceremony on our Facebook page.