Join the Carbon Footprint Registry
We look forward to welcoming your organization to the Carbon Footprint Registry.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our membership team at (866) 523-0764 ext. 3 or at email@example.com.
You can request a demo of our reporting platform (CRIS) HERE.
Your membership payment can be completed through our secure payment processor HERE, or via invoice. Our fee structure is detailed below-
Membership with The Climate Registry is open to all organizations that:
- Are recognized as a legal entity, submit a Membership Agreement,
- Accurately reflect the information provided in the Membership Agreement
- Provide up-to-date information that is true, accurate, and complete, and
By using TCR services, you warrant that you meet all the requirements listed above, and that you won’t use TCR’s services in a way that violates any laws or regulations. TCR reserves the right to refuse service, close accounts of any members, and change eligibility requirements (outlined in the bullets above) at any time.
The Term begins when you submit your Membership Agreement or submit a payment to The Climate Registry and continues on an annual basis as long as your fees are current. Submitting a signed Membership Agreement to TCR means that you’ve officially “signed” and agreed to the Terms.
3) Benefits of Membership
Membership with The Climate Registry gives you access to many benefits to include technical support for GHG accounting, access to a community of leaders in climate change, and opportunities for networking and recognition. Benefits are only available to members in good standing. More specifically, these benefits may include:
- Introductory call & orientation: orient your organization to The Carbon Footprint Registry through a personalized welcome call
- Access to CRIS emissions calculator & reporting software: voluntarily report and verify your annual carbon footprint, target emissions reductions opportunities, and benchmark carbon management performance
- Online trainings and reporting toolkit: access trainings, reporting tools, and resources any time of day to learn The Registry’s GHG reporting protocols and web-based reporting software
- Personal reporting support: contact the Help Desk Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm Pacific for expert reporting assistance
- Networking: webinars, briefings and priority invitations to workshops and events—network and learn from leading companies at members-only events and webinars
- E-Newsletter: stay abreast of Registry program updates and relevant information on best practices, carbon management and climate policy
- Use of The Climate Registry logo: use The Climate Registry logo on your promotional materials to demonstrate your carbon disclosure
- Climate Registered™: use the Climate Registered logo on your promotional materials and sustainability report to show your commitment to reducing your carbon footprint. This benefits is exclusively for members that successfully verify their GHG emissions on an annual basis.
4) Availability and Use of Services
The Climate Registry offices are open from 9am-5pm Pacific, Monday through Friday and we are available to provide technical services during these hours. We are closed on Federal holidays.
5) Fees and Services
Our membership fees are posted on our website and may be changed from time to time. Members will receive an invoice from The Climate Registry for the first year of service after they submit their Membership Agreement. Membership automatically renews on an annual basis from the date the Membership Agreement was received, and invoices must be paid within thirty days. The Climate Registry reserves the right to cancel member accounts if payment is not received within thirty days.
6) Cancellation of Membership
Members may cancel their account at any time. However membership fees are assessed on an annual basis and the fee, either in whole or in part, is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE. If you do not wish to renew your membership, you must submit any request to either cancel or not renew your membership at least thirty (30) days prior to date on which your membership would automatically renew. To request cancellation, please submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your reason for cancelling membership. The Registry will close your account and all associated access to the reporting software, technical services, and other services within two weeks of receiving the request for cancellation.
7) Member Information
You promise that information you give us is true, accurate, and complete and that you will keep your account information up-to-date (including a working email address). We will use the information you provide us to:
- Send you emails related to The Climate Registry’s and partners’ programs and services,
- Send you system alert messages,
- Provide customer support,
- Support and improve the services we offer,
- Communicate with you about your account, and
- Bill and collect money owed to us.
The Climate Registry and Climate Registered™ logos are marks of integrity and the highest quality carbon data. Subject to this provisions of this paragraph, members may use The Climate Registry logo while their account is active. Subject to this provisions of this paragraph, members that third-party verify their carbon footprint may use the Climate Registered™ logo for a period of one year from the date of completion of successful verification. The use of the Trademarks is limited to those uses which are in keeping with the mission and goals of The Climate Registry. The Climate Registry reserves the right to revoke member’s right to use its Trademarks in the event such use is deemed by it, in its sole discretion, to violate the mission and goals of The Climate Registry.