Membership Benefits & Options
Finally…Something for Everyone
The Climate Registry’s Voluntary Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting Program is now called the Carbon Footprint Registry. The registry includes the same training and resources, proprietary software (CRIS) and help desk it always has. On top of that, our program offers new reporting options and an enhanced recognition program, Climate Registered.
Our new and improved program includes:
More Flexible Reporting Options
- More Flexible Boundaries for your greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory
- Fiscal-year reporting
- Equity Share only reporting
- World-wide reporting and verification
- Simplified Estimation Method (SEM) Threshold Increased to 10%
- More Base Year Options
- More Support for Disclosing GHG Reductions, Offsets and Carbon Neutrality
- Transitional Reporting Replaced by Customized Inventory Options
More Robust Recognition
- We have revamped the Climate Registered program, offering five tiers of recognition and a comprehensive set of benefits associated with each tier. Climate Registered communicates to your constituents that you are taking action on climate change.
A Stronger Community
- Managing and reducing GHGs is not uncharted territory: sharing information within the TCR community can not only save you time and money, it can have a big impact. We will use all the tools at our disposal — including webinars and case studies — to share lessons learned and best practices with our members so that you can integrate these into the way you do things.
For more information on these options, please see the FAQs.
Why Report Your GHG Emissions?
You want to demonstrate your environmental and climate leadership to your customers, investors, and regulators. You need accurate data to set greenhouse gas (GHG) targets so you can reduce emissions and save money. You want the right data to report to federal, state and local government agencies, as well as to programs like CDP.
That’s where The Climate Registry’s Carbon Footprint Registry comes in. Measuring, reporting, and verifying the GHG emissions associated with your operations can help you harness these benefits:
Why Choose The Climate Registry’s program?
- Our facility-level data lets you isolate emission hotspots in your organization so that you can take action to manage them.
- The Carbon Footprint Registry is the only voluntary carbon reporting program that is backed by U.S. states and Canadian provinces.
- Our reporting guidance is aligned with international best practice and recognized as a high quality source by government regulators and CDP.
- We offer extensive tools and services that make the GHG reporting process easy, streamlined, and transparent for our members.
Access Our Tools and Services
- Best practice reporting guidance, as well as sector-specific protocols and guidance.
- A cloud-based reporting tool that allows you to calculate, report, and analyze your GHG emissions data. LEARN MORE
- A Help Desk staffed with GHG reporting and verification experts who are available to answer your questions and troubleshoot reporting issues.
- Training and tools that support all aspects of measuring and reporting GHGs. We can provide on-site support, webinars, and workshops that meet your specific needs.
- Networking opportunities and recognition programs, including the Climate Leadership Conference.
- E-Newsletters to stay abreast of program updates and relevant information on best practices, carbon management and climate policy.
- Use of The Climate Registry logo to show your commitment to operating more efficiently, sustainably, and competitively.
- Optional third-party verification by a registered verification body ensures that your data is complete, transparent, and stakeholder-ready. Members who successfully third-party verify their inventory receive Climate Registered™ status and these additional benefits:
- Use of the Climate Registered™ logo in your promotional materials and sustainability report to show your commitment to reducing your carbon footprint, exclusively for Climate Registered™ members.
- Recognition of your achievements via our website, public newsletter, and social media platforms.
Contact us for more information.